That is right… you read that title right… SUMMER! Y’all, fall doesn’t officially start until Friday. SO I am slipping in one final summer essentials post 🙂 And what better way to wrap up summer than with our favorite smoothie ingredients! Tripp and I were having a smoothie for breakfast almost every morning. It has now shifted to a smaller version (mainly to get some greens in him!) for post-nap/afternoon snack.
Top 8 Smoothie Ingredients:
- Camu Camu Powder— tart and loaded with nutrients! Thanks to Mama Natural for this recommendation. Tripp even like his bananas or avocado sprinkled with this.
- Spirulina— powerful and turns anything GREEN! A little goes a long way with this add-in. It has a powerful flavor, so start small! Tripp also likes this sprinkled on his food. Anyway to get those nutrients in right 🙂
- Collagen— basically flavorless and loaded with nutrients that we all need. I add this to my coffee, tea, but we LOVE it in our smoothies.
- Coconut Oil— or even a good quality olive oil (or cod liver oil… ha). Just throw some fat in there. I usually alternate between olive and coconut. A little goes a long way.
- Hemp Seeds— a little crunch! I usually sprinkle these on top if we enjoy our smoothie “bowl” form. Or throw them in the blender if we need to grab and go with our smoothie!
- Maple Water or Coconut Water— we LOVE maple water, but settle for coconut water. Both have hydration covered and love the hint of “sweet” flavor it brings.
- Banana or avocado– I usually pick one. Sometimes I hate using my avocado in my smoothie… love it mashed on a salad or for dip. So usually a frozen banana will win out, plus my overripe bananas usually get thrown in the freezer, giving us a natural sweetener.
- Frozen berries + spinach– I LOVE having berries in my smoothie. If I want a really green one, I will leave out the blueberries and only do strawberries with my spinach. SPINACH is always thrown in there though!
Check out the other posts in this series HERE (supplements) and HERE (snacks) and HERE (self-care). I am still working on our menu post… as I talked about in the dinner video last night, it is on the chalkboard and we are eating! Ha.
Have a great Wednesday!!