I told y’all things were turning green around here 😉 Isn’t that kale green beautiful? I typically cook those leaves down after cooking a big batch of bacon. BUT when it starts getting a tiny bit warm, I like serving them massaged and tossed with some lemon. It is so easy!
Easy Kale Salad
What you need:
- 1 big bunch of kale
- 2 lemons or use concentrate (measure out the equivalent!)
- ~3 to 4 tablespoons of high quality olive oil
What you do:
- Strip the kale from the stem. You can save the stems for your next batch of broth or feed to your animals 🙂
- Wash the kale really well! Dirt will hide all in those curls.
- Either chop the leaves up with a knife OR tear the leaves into bite-size pieces. Toss in a large bowl.
- Add your lemon, olive oil, and salt/pepper. Now MASSAGE it into the kale. That is right… massage it in.
Serve it with your eggs in the morning… with grilled chicken and roasted potatoes for lunch (apple on the side is a nice touch)… or solo as a side salad. Or however you want! It is really tasty. I have been making a big bowl at the beginning of the week and just using it throughout the week. A nice way to get some greens in. The lemon just makes it all better… it actually helps it start to break down, making it easier to digest.
Do you do kale? What is your favorite way?