Hey everyone! Hope y’all had a wonderful weekend. We had family in town and just had the best time with them!
So as for Sunday prep, here was my to-do list:
- Grocery shop (David did this… with Uncle Rob!)
- Roast sweet potatoes (David chopped and I did the rest.)
- Bake egg casserole (I did the prep and David assembled.)
- Thaw ground beef out to cook tomorrow night.
We worked our way through that list. David says it is a relay race, because we feel like we are constantly tagging in and out. Tripp is almost old enough for one of those chairs he can stand up in at the counter to ” help” 🙂
As for the plan…
- Monday– Leftover chicken soup for David and I picked up a delicious goat cheese chicken gfree pizza; leftover Mary’s pulled pork with roasted broccoli, zucchini, and sweet potatoes
- Tuesday– leftover chicken salad with an orange; beef burrito bowls with all the toppings
- Wednesday– beef burrito bowls; the return of the GREEN CHEF box!
- Thursday– chicken Caesar salads with carrots and radishes; GREEN CHEF meal #2
- Friday– chicken Caesar salads; GREEN CHEF meal #3
- Breakfast–> egg bake with broccoli, zucchini, turkey, and cheese and a Dreaming Cow yogurt; pumpkin chia pudding
Meal (base) idea… roasted sweet potatoes!!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut the potatoes anyway you want! The thinner the faster they’ll roast. You can do slices (more for “nachos”), cubes (mult-purpose), or even sticks/wedges like I did above.
- Toss with a high temperature fat– avocado oil or ghee are my favorites. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Your roasting time will vary… it depends on the cut of your potatoes. I always toss/scoot around about 15 minutes in. Then at about 20 minutes, start checking them about every 5-10 minutes.
- I love roasting them on my Pampered Chef stoneware bar pans! But I also use a big sheet pan with parchment paper. I really have to move the batch on the sheet pan around. The stoneware method is my fav 😉
- We enjoy these dipped in almond butter for a snack; served taco style with beef and guacamole; fried egg on top; or even cold out of the fridge (weird, I know… but tasty!).
Happy Monday night y’all!