I never thought I would do a “food” box. Ha, but y’all, I’m impressed! After hearing about the 4 free meals deal (link below to cash in on that!), I thought why not try! Fresh, organic, and high-quality… delivered to my door. With recipes!
My Green Chef referral link (4 free meals using this!): http://greenchef.com/invite/5556kp
You get 4 free meals, y’all!! For the paleo box, that comes out to around $32 for your first box. Why not it try?
Here’s what came in BOX 1:
- Herb Roasted Salmon with green beans, sweet potatoes, chard with almonds. The veggie flavor was great and I liked the method they used for baking the salmon. I was a little bummed that it was farm-raised salmon. If I splurge on fish, I want it either straight from fisherman David or from a trusted-wild source. There’s a taste difference! But this was fine and I liked the herb mix for seasoning. Overall: okay, not very impressed though. It gets better… way better below! Ha this one wasn’t bad, I just wasn’t “wow’d” because I’m a picky fish eater. Really just lemon and butter and I’m golden 🙂
- Cherry Balsamic Chicken with acorn-squash and broccoli and an arugula-almond salad. The way the directions had you prep the acorn squash was nice! I always overlook those at the store because they look hard to prep. Not bad though! The Cherry-balsamic touch was so good and something I wouldn’t have thought I’d. This dish expanded my food combo skills and made me fall back in love with arugula! Overall– so good!! I want this again already.
- Irish Pub Burger with mashed parsnips, kale slaw, and carraway kraut and walnuts. The spice blend for the burgers… y’all, wow!! Again this one really made me want to try some different flavor combinations next time I cook. I honestly don’t do mashes much because I convinced myself it would be too much work. Well, it isn’t. Ha. Boil and drain, mash with a splash of broth and fat. Oh, and reminded to use my kale, slaw style! Overall– LOVED this one! I seriously can still remember that spice combo from the burgers.
Now you’re craving that burger huh?? I know I am!
- It’s fun to cook food for just one meal! Does that make sense? I’m such a meal prepper that when I cook, it usually gives us 6 portions. These were 2 generous portions. Usually 2 meals then leftovers for one of us and occasionally I would take the last of the greens with a protein.
- The food really is delivered fresh! And all great quality. I did wait a little too long to cook the sweet potatoes, but everything else kept nicely until I was ready to cook.
- I loved having a step by step (with photos) gameplan and majority of the ingredients already prepped and ready.
- The new flavor combinations these meals brought to our table— a win!
- And these meals were pretty true to their cook time listed. Around 30 minutes.
Will I do it again? Yes. I plan on doing this maybe once a month, depending on work schedules and budget 🙂 Since the first box was such a steal, it was a little sticker shock when I saw how much each box is. But after tasting and experiencing this first box, it’s worth it.
And you know what? You get to see the menu for the weeks ahead so you have plenty of time to skip a box! This kept me interested and around for box 2 😉 Which will be delivered this upcoming week. David and I will just plan around that and know the box cost is part of our grocery budget this week.
Give it a try!! My Green Chef referral link (yes, 4 free meals using this)–> http://greenchef.com/invite/5556kp