Did you know you can make a cookie in an iron skillet? Meaning no dirty dishes… You need the ingredients and an iron skillet. That is it! Well I didn’t know until I skipped across this recipe over at How Sweet It is… oh happy day! And even happier when it was time to eat it!
It is delicious… I made it to watch Revenge with David and a friend. TOTAL HIT. If you want show some love to someone… make this. Need to wow your friends or husband? Make this. Heck if you need to wow yourself… guess what? MAKE THIS!
I just had to change a few things from the How Sweet It is recipe… just simply due to what I had on hand. Because once I realized I was going to give this a try, I knew it needed to happen quickly. It did! I lined up my ingredients and fired up the skillet.
Dark Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie: (Full Recipe Link here)
-1 stick of butter
-1/2 cup regular sugar
-1/2 cup coconut sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 and 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1/2 cup of large dark chocolate chips (I think sprinkled some on top)
What I did:
(I followed her exact directions since I was in unfamiliar “baking” territory!)
Preheat oven to 350. Warm the (8 inch iron) skillet over medium low heat. Melt the stick of butter. Add in the sugars and vanilla. Remove from heat, you are now finished with the stovetop cooking process! Allow the pan (and the stuff in it!) to rest for 5 minutes (it worked like charm– waiting 5 like she suggested!)! Crack your egg, whisk it in. Then incorporate the flour, baking soda, and salt. Carefully 😉
Be patient… it takes a bit to incorporate since you are folding slowly. David actually looked at the heap of dry ingredients and doubted this whole thing at this point, pretty sure! Anyways, now sprinkle in your chocolate and fold in. You will notice they begin to melt… creating a chocolate swirled cookie Lastly, I sprinkled just a few extra choc-chips top… after which David flipped them all over (obviously he has a touch of OCD with chocolate chips pointing the correct direction) Picture was taken before he flipped them 😉
We served it with a mug of milk. David did run a butter knife around the edges then did the plate on top of skillet trick where you flip it. It worked and was just another option for presentation for sure. But either way of presenting this… it will be good, all good!
On some side notes…
1. I whipped out the blue suede shoes this weekend for church.
2. Revenge is amazing. I feel like I should take notes during the episodes so I can figure all this out. Geez, Emily, or Amanda, whoever you are?!? Such a good show.
3. We have experienced issues with our AC for, oh the past 2 months. So they once again came to fix it… now I have black stuff (soot) all over my sheets, carpet, walls, CHINA, CRYSTAL, ART WORK, etc. So so so sad I have been on a cleaning marathon every time I walk in the door. No worries it isn’t mold haha it is soot… but it is so hard to clean. I dread the water bill, but things have to get washed people, I pride myself on a clean and tidy apartment!
4. We do not have cable or internet currently. We cancelled Comcast because it increased so much. AT&T U-Verse has been ordered and will be installed NEXT THURSDAY. Meaning all my shows will transition to watching a day late… I am okay with this. Hart of Dixie tonight… Modern Family (and the other Wed. shows) tomorrow. The Office and Big Bang on Friday. We can stream the football game on Saturday. It is “hammer down” time with my thesis, so tv usually isn’t an obstacle but now it is for sure out of the picture… haha picture (that sounds funny in mind… tv=picture… no cable=no picture)!
5. My thesis (AKA I am) is causing me great stress. I am just taking it one day at a time, so if you made it past the cookie and reading this know that my posting will be a bit sporadic. I am sorry, but do hang with me. I promise I have good recipes lined up to post when I get blog time!
5. No Crossfit for me lately… just doing my burpees (day 27, Ashley, you get yours in??). Staying late at school and coming home to clean just eats up my energy. I look forward to getting back to WODs though! The new box is great… and I miss everyone!
6. My first draft of my thesis is due THIS Saturday. Prayers appreciated.
7. I have enjoyed the She Reads Truth devotion on Ephesians. You should check it out! I look forward to what we will study next… finally in a routine of devoting devotion time daily to Him
8. I am still getting Bride magazine… it is a good break from thesis land I must say. I also got my Real Simple today.. LOVE that magazine! Anyways, I am happy to report that David and I took the honeymoon that was perfect for us (not that we doubted that!)… look, St. Lucia for foodies! Go us and our love for making and eating good food!
Thanks for reading… I get so excited when I see my “stats” go up from your page views. I remember when we got engaged and it hit almost 300… my jaw drops normally at 20 views!
Happy Wednesday… SMILE (yes, in shouty capitals)!!