When David and I started our real food journey, we would bake these weekly. Usually a double batch! I loved playing around with the veggie combinations… and even a little goat cheese swirled in is delicious. You can bake these before your week takes off and enjoy all week (at any meal). I do love a fresh out of the oven omelette, but some weeks you need grab-and-go, right? Well these muffins will fit the need well. And a great way to get more veggies in.
A Dozen Veggie-Egg Muffins
Featuring a couple of Thrive Life groceries
What you need:
- 11-12 eggs (12 if you leave out the sausage)
- 1/2 cup Thrive Life red bell peppers
- 1/2 cupThrive Life broccoli (crumbled up if you want smaller bites of broccoli)
- 1/4 pound of sausage (from our Butcher Box!)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook your sausage in the skillet and set aside roughly 1/4 pound to cool.
- Crack your eggs in a large bowl and whisk. Then stir in the peppers and broccoli (ask kiddo to dump veggies in!). When sausage cools, add this to the bowl.
- Ask kiddo (or husband!) to put muffin liners in pan… then dip the mixture in the lined cups.
- Bake until eggs are set and muffins look puffy (getting really technical here ha), roughly 20 minutes.
And a yummy way to serve those muffins… on some paleo bread (from the amazing Mason Dixon!) with a little cheese 🙂