Hey!!! Just over here doing a happy dance because we got above freezing today! But how cute is that cozy kiddo?!?
Anyways, I am back and so excited to share a weekly menu/gameplan (so torn about the title I want to give this ha) with y'all.
Here is what we are looking at for this week:
- Baked potatoes filled with beef and topped with all things TACO (inspired by Fed and Fit's recipe from last week; just Mexican since I have an abundance of avocados and no paleo BBQ sauce)
- Skillet hash with potato, kale, and beef; drizzled in Primal Kitchen's rockin' ranch (inspired by Fed and Fit's recipe from last week; just no chorizo and did a ranch spin for the taco part!)
- Shepherd's Pie (Fed and Fit style… more on her current series below)
- Whole Chicken baked with butternut squash and brussel sprouts (using this for breakfast too…)
- Stir-fry with Thrive Life pork, peppers, and rice (by far, my fav Thrive trio to serve with lime and coconut aminos)
- Breakfast–> the regulars (smoothies, eggs with veggies) but with a baked oatmeal utilizing some carrots (sounds weird, but it works)
So about that Fed and Fit series… she is currently doing a "Cook Once Eat All Week" series. Which. is. BRILLIANT. Y'all know I love me a prep day, but honestly, it has been hard to block off that time since entering mamahood. For while I really MISSED that prep time. But with my Thrive Life veggies in my cabinet now, I really don't feel the need to do that anymore in order for food to get on the table (whew!). So I took some of her recipes from last week and modified them to meet what I have on hand/found in the store.
PSA– Beautycounter's Winter Sale (yes, 30% a lot of my favs) ends tonight!! Let me know if you have any questions. A lot of our family favorites are on sale 🙂 Shop here and support the Cookin' Up Life family! Remember what we put IN AND ON our bodies truly matter. You and your family deserve safe products!
Happy New Year from us (and Leo too!)!!