Welcome to the party!
Here is the agenda:
- Videos with a few questions to ask yourself.
- Resources to research your products– this isn’t about buying the most expensive stuff at your local health food store, this is about being informed and making the decision best for you!
- Product highlights– my go-to products!
- My Top 10 list
- How to shop with giveaway instructions… because this is a party after all!
Okay let’s get to it!!
Video #1– What makes Beautycounter so special from a product standpoint??
Video #2– What is Beautycounter, as a business, all about?
Video #3– What does this have to do with me?
Research! Let’s take time to look at the products you are using everyday. Start with the ones you use most often (think shampoo, body wash, face moisturizer, toothpaste, deodorant, make up, etc.). Take a look at these products here–> EWG research link. There is also a handy app you can download (Healthy Living app) where you can scan the barcode (a bit more convenient). If something isn’t listed on the website, research the company, email them, ask them about the ingredients. Beautycounter has a “Never List” and ingredient glossary (great tools to use!).
- Shampoo– Did you know that this is one of the first things you should trade out? It is! Not only does it go on your head, but then when you rinse, it runs all over your skin and then you stand in it (your feet absorb super fast… why we put our essential oils there). One thing I noticed when I made the switch to BC’s shampoo was how little I have to use! It doesn’t take a lot. Start with less you think you need then add more– just because this is a cleaner version of shampoo doesn’t mean you won’t get the suds action 😉
- Face oils– I love the balancing oil! This might be a my number one recommended product lately. Face oils really work and heal your skin– check out more here in this post from the BC blog.
- Baby Daily Protective Balm– Not only is this fantastic for baby booties, but it is a great hand cream for dry hands! A multi-purpose product to have around!
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer– This was one of the first products I started incorporating into my routine. It goes on in a flash and perfect for those that don’t like to wear make-up. It isn’t thick and doesn’t leave you feeling like you have a mask on. If you want to know how to find your tint, check this link out. Here is a fun video with more how to apply it to get the most coverage out of it.
- The Jet-Set gift set– This is the perfect “introduction” to the body and hair products. I recommend this if you are trying to use up what you currently have but want to ease over to a cleaner product. And it includes the charcoal bar which is a great face wash (for men and women… and teens!) and body wash. And hey, this is a wonderful gift to give to get 😉 There are many other gift sets, so be sure to check them out.
My TOP 10 Beautycounter picks:
- Charcoal bar
- Salty Spray
- Balancing face oil
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer (No. 3)
- Eye (pearl and champagne) and cheek (hibiscus) colors
- Lip sheer (twig)
- Cleansing balm
- Rosewater mist
Here we are at the end of the party. I hope you have all learned something new and pumped to get cleaner products for yourself and your loved ones (babies to husbands to best friends to grandmamas!). Maybe you are patting yourself on the back for having clean products already, in that case, go you! If that’s not the case (hand raise over here!), it is okay. This is about educating ourselves so we feel good about where our money is going and what products are going on our families.
One thing is for sure, we all win with Beautycounter!
- Here is the party link to shop: Courtney’s #switchtosafer Super Bowl Social.
- Valentine’s Day gift shopping? Well the deadline to order is Feb. 6th (for ground shopping). And BC has some super cute “love” themed gift sets.
There are 5 ways to earn entries for the party giveaway. Do one or do all, just be sure to do it before midnight (Central time zone) Monday (Feb. 6th)!
- Earn 5 entries by placing an order through the social link before midnight Monday (Feb. 6, 2017; central time zone).
- Earn 5 entries by adding the “Band of Beauty” membership to your order. This annual membership includes things like %15 product credit BACK on every order plus a free gift if you spend $50. Currently, the free gift is a face oil! Read about the Band of Beauty membership details here. If you’re already a member, comment below for these 5 entries 😉
- Earn 1 entry by commenting on this blog post with a BC product you want to try.
- Earn 1 entry by sharing this blog post on Facebook. Share the post and come back here and comment letting me know you did this.
- Earn 1 entry by sharing this blog post via text or email by copying and pasting the blog post link in a message. Come back and comment here that you did. (Honor system here!)
What will you win?
- A full size (no sample size here) product– you can pick the shampoo, body wash, or a peppermint lip balm.
Thanks for attending the party! Happy shopping from my BC lovin’ baby…