Hi everyone! As the fall semester creeps/sprints at us, I am trying to get back into the swing of a weekly meal plan. With our work schedules and Tripp expanding his palate beyond breastmilk, I need a more stable food plan.
Here is what our Sunday afternoons usually consist of, prep-wise:
- Shredded chicken (buying 3lbs and doing this in the Instant Pot)
- White rice (Usually around 2 cups, uncooked, in the Instant Pot)
- Cook 2lbs of ground beef
- Roast veggies (whatever we buy at the market)
- Throw another protein into the fridge to thaw out (usually a big roast or salmon)
- Deviled eggs
- Assembling overnight oats (1/3 cup each of g-free oats, almond milk, and plain yogurt—I add mix-ins before I eat)
We usually have a taco salad at least once a week… Because why not!
I am trying to use my cookbooks more too. This summer I have used Meals Made Simple (and Against All Grain—both by Danielle Walker), Primal Cravings (their blog, Health-Bent, is great too!), Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook, and Easy Paleo Meals by Kelly Brozyna.
Here is the plan for this week:
- Butternut squash lasagna with Italian chicken sausage (Prepped Sunday- we love doing a big one-pot meal to kick off the week.)
- Salmon seasoned with dill, rice, and roasted yellow squash (Prepped the veggies Sunday and will cook the salmon and rice Tuesday night.)
- Beef roast with onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, and celery (I will do this overnight Tuesday—I prepped the veggies Sunday)
- Ground beef bowl with sweet potatoes, salsa, avocado, and bell peppers (Prepped the ground beef and peppers. I will roast sweet potatoes during the week.)
- Deviled eggs (Prepped Sunday- love these for a snack!)
- Overnight oats with a banana (I just throw this together in a jar the night before.)
- Zucchini-chocolate muffins (prepped Sunday)
We started our prep a little late on Sunday, but still got a lot cooked/prepped. Fingers crossed I can keep this up 🙂
On a side note, here are some cookbooks that I am SO excited about!!
- Danielle Walker’s Celebrations
- Paleo Kids Cookbook
- Paleo Cooking with your InstantPot
- Practical Paleo, 2nd Edition
Oh, and Tripp and Leo send a big hello!!
*A special thanks to everyone that supports my blog. I love interacting with you on Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And in person, no link for that 😉 I appreciate each of you and love to hear from you!
Affiliate links were included in this post. The links will allow me to receive a small percentage of sales which helps fund the blog! So use the links to make purchases and know the Cookin’ Up Life team appreciates it… the team being: David the kitchen manager, Tripp and Leo the editors/approvers, and myself, the blogger!