Hi! So I didn’t post a menu last week… Or the one before. Geez,
I am a slacker!! Whoops! The weeks have been busy… But no worries, I still had tasty menus and I took notes so I can hop back on the menu sharing wagon. Forgive me, please 😉
L- Tuna-avocado salad with carrots and spinach
D- Italian beef with roasted veggie salad (broccoli, turnips, zucchini)
Butternut Squash Lasagna Bake
Makes 4-6 medium/large servings, depending on who you’re feeding.
– 1 pound beef
– 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
– 1 15oz can of organic tomato sauce
– 1 15oz can of organic diced tomatoes
– 1 small butternut squash (peeled and then made into noodles with a veggie peeler)
–Optional: Grated cheese, if you’re okay with it (we used a locally made mozz, delicious!).
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. And get a pan warm over medium-high heat. Also butter a casserole dish and set aside.
2. Brown your beef in the pan– salt and pepper this towards the end. Set the beef aside while you prep the squash.
3. Peel the entire squash then cut the bulb end off. De-seed that part and cube it up. Use a veggie peeler to “ribbon” the other half of the squash. Do this as long as your arm will allow hahah if you get tired then cube it up small. Put all of the squash in a big bowl.
4. Add the beef and tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to the bowl with the squash. Toss to combine. Sprinkle in around 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning.
5. Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes, covered with foil.
6. After 45 minutes, uncover the lasagna bake and add your cheese. Bake until cheese is all melted and butternut squash is soft.
Cooking times can vary depending on many squash cubes you have in there– mine was majority ribbons because I did that the night before!
I hope y’all try this recipe out– it’s very forgiving so change it up how you need and let me know how it goes!
What do you have planned for the week? Feel free to share some meal ideas below 😉