I updated the recipe to include the chocolate! Ah that’s what happens when I post too early in the AM haha!
Well I’m currently sitting here waiting to run the Mercedes Marathon… Relay style with 4 other ladies! A great way to run a race in my book 🙂
Banana Chocolate Chia Pudding
Recipe inspired by Stupid Easy Paleo’s Dark Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding
1 14.5 ounce can of full fat coconut milk (I used Thai Kitchen’s Organic)
2 teaspoons cinnamon (customize to your cinnamon lovin’ palate!)
1 ounce 100% dark baking chocolate (I used Eating Evolved– you could up this to 2 ounces with a lower percentage chocolate!)
1 tablespoon cacao powder (NOW brand is great!)
Tiny pinch of salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon cashew or almond butter
6 tablespoons chia seeds
1. Put your can of coconut milk, cinnamon, cacao powder, chocolate chunks, pinch of salt, and nut butter in a pot over medium heat. Continually stir until all melted and you can see a little steam.
2. Turn off heat and add extracts. Stir. Measure out your chia seeds and set aside (you want to be able to pour them in while continuously stirring the mixture). Take the pot off the heating element.
3. While continually stirring the mixture in the pot, add the chia seeds.
4. Stir until well incorporated.
5. Pour into jars. This will half way fill up 2 mason jars. That portion has been a great serving size for me. Serve with a sliced banana on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
That can be customized to your liking and topped with whatever ya want 🙂 Now for the menu.
Breakfast: David’s paleo granola with milk of choice and fruit; eggs with avocado and sweet potato; chia pudding with fruit
L- Tuna salads
D- Mongolian Beef (using The Paleo Parents’ recipe)
L- Leftover beef over a salad
D- Chicken Nuggets with a baked sweet potato and salad (using The Domestic Man’s recipe)
L- Chicken Nugget Salads
D- Stuffed Acorn Squash (Tweaking a PaleOMG recipe!)
L- Chicken salads
D- Crockpot Flank Steak (used for tacos!)
L- Steak salads
D- Creamy Chicken Soup
L- Leftover soup
L- Market hash
D- Mexican meatloaf
There ya have it!! Time to run now 🙂 Happy Sunday!