I can’t wait to do a review of 2012 soon… But I’m on a thesis deadline so that means little blogging and a lot of thesis-ing all topped off with crossfitting! So for now here is a quick 1, 2 punch at what is going on in the Cookin Up Life world in a pretty little list… 12 items for 2012 😉
1. Thesis edits.
2. No burpees. Haha we finished the 100 day burpee challenge… Yepee! Pictured below are some of the brave souls who completed the challenge. With all the flu viruses circulating in our gym I’m a bit surprised we still have a group of burpee challenge survivors!
4. Juicing. We love our Breville juicer so much and it is perfect for all the oranges (from our south Alabama family) and apples (from our north Alabama family). Eat some and juice the rest to use them up!
5. Kombucha. My digestive system has needed some good bacteria and I can’t wait to try out a new brand (pictures below). Since these are a bit pricey (although it is more than one serving and it’s packed with good stuff) I’ve been mixing a little of my juice (3 carrots+1 grapefruit+oranges) with a little kombucha. It’s tasty and make both last longer 🙂
7. Be on the look out for more paleo recipes and how to make something paleo here at Cookin Up Life in 2013 🙂 The Practical Paleo book is still being read and I’m still loving it. Not only is it super informative but it has some rockin awesome recipes I want to try. The 21 day sugar detox is by the same gal and also comes with lots of information and recipes if you buy the package (only $21 and you’ll be amazed at what you get to download and print off if you want!).
10. Need a yummy appetizer tonight? Go with my all time favorite thing to bring to parties… Sheila’s Stuffed Jalapeños! Here is the recipe link… Click me!
12. If you want something easy to throw together tomorrow… Make this beef and butternut squash stew from Eat Live Run. It’s out of this world and was cooked in the crockpot last night for us to enjoy today and for a rainy tomorrow! Last time I did her recipe as closely as I could… This time I used coconut oil for my oil needs and coconut sugar for the sugar needs. Turned out great!
To make this week an “easy planned” week I chose that beef stew and then the Health Bent pumpkin chili (last time was a hit!).
Delicious week 🙂
Happy 2013… 2012 was awesome and I can’t wait to begin the next one (first one as a married woman ha)! This is our 4th New Year together… Cheers to that!