A few things:
1. If you do CrossFit and have completed the WOD Filthy Fifty… you know the soreness I am experiencing now. Whew. If you don’t know what it is, it is where you do 50 reps of 10 things (box jumps at 24 inches, double-unders, push press, etc.) for time… nuff said.
2. I have spent a lot of time in the DC Kitchen today. Our sweet friends gave us their harvest basket because they are going out of town. I was SO EXCITED!! DC Kitchen will take care of it 🙂 I will take a picture of our Week 8 box tomorrow and give you the lowdown and the recipes I aspire to try!
3. I am working really hard on figuring this Word Press jazz out. It is challenging and if you have any advice I would LOVE to hear it! I am using Ecto to manage it- anyone else using this? Let me know 🙂 I am trying to decide on whether to purchase it after my trial run is up!
4. I have A LOT of recipes to post!! I did the Carrot and Cilantro Soup from Week 7 newsletter from Snowsbend Farm (where we are CSA members) and then marinated some vegetables, and then prepped and stored all greens, beans, and beets we have in the fridge. This was to make room for WEEK 8 basket that we pick up tomorrow, yepeee!!! Can’t wait– I wanted to post the recipes today but I was elbow deep in pots and pans and chopping… and running to ol’ Winn Dixie for random grocery items (milk, salsa, etc.) and drinking my favorite coffee:
I get this at a local store (Manna) and I love it!
5. BREAKING NEWS– My running partner and I will be doing the Half Marathon in Myrtle Beach (check it out here) this October! I am very excited. With comprehensive exams coming up, teaching lab, thesis, presenting my tornado research at conferences, etc.– this will be a great way to manage the stress! I am happy to have a firm running schedule to mix in with the CrossFit!
Sweet Action my friends!!
Has anyone does this one?
Here is a sneak peak at the photos to come…
From the recipes to come!!
Have a great night…
Looking forward to sharing the recipes and Week 8 Harvest Basket!!